We Want You:
At BET Software we are seeking exceptional candidates that are owning it in the cloud space!
A DevOps Engineer with a winning attitude, skills, and experience in delivering, maintaining, and optimizing infrastructures, databases, and middleware capabilities to support and enable the development and operations of solutions. Your set of best practices in reviewing solution designs, understanding their impact on application/infrastructure, and building and implementing infrastructure and applications will be put to the test…Do you accept the challenge?
- Diploma/Degree in IT or working experience in an IT-related field.
- Minimum of 2 years in an IT-related field.
- Previous software development skills are advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge of the SLDC and management of software projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
- Design & implement CI/CD solutions using the most appropriate approved patterns.
- Design & implement CI/CD solutions for single and multi-tier architectures.
- Track monitoring and alerting of downstream operations to identify issues with CI/CD.
- Use automated systems to monitor the number of transactions (e.g. bets/deposits/system resource) and identify patterns/changes post new CI/CD.
- Monitor concurrent numbers of users and identify changes post-CI/CD.
- Use monitoring to track changes in patterns of user behavior and systems performance.
- Share successful patterns for building applications/services and deployments across Teams and/or products.
- Be actively involved with roll-back/forward decision-making. Planning preparation: gather & analyze user/business system requirements.
- Identify all dependencies, including those which may not be immediately apparent.
- Act based on your understanding/findings to reduce the possibility of failure.
- Actively analyse the technology currently being used and develop plans and processes for improvement and expansion.
- Understand the CI/CD requirements for all projects by attending project planning meetings when required.
- Explain and help Teams visualise the end-to-end flow of software, through DevOps.
- Help Teams get a better understanding of the steps involved to get CI/CD done which in turn brings value to the customer.
- Share operational needs and development forecasts to allow for accurate planning of projects in a timely manner.
- Working with project managers and developers to get software and systems up and running in a timely manner, and ensuring long-term scalability for the business.
- Deliver a solution that performs efficiently and can co-exist with other solutions and does not have a detrimental impact on other solutions.
- Ensure the solution is functionally complete, compatible with existing/other technology/frameworks. Ensure solution has a high usability factor, is reliable and maintainable.
- Understand and implement containerisation where the concept of virtualisation not only mimics the digital configuration of the hardware but also mimics the OS and libraries that encompass the entire runtime environment.
- Ensure the solution is test-friendly by creating effective mechanisms for test data, automated testing hooks and simulations.
- Ensure reported defects are categorised by priority and fixed as appropriate.
- Ensure the Project Management Team and Management Team are informed of potential risks due to unfixed defects or fix defects.
- Develop a continuous testing strategy that would ensure testing is performed earlier in the software lifecycle, increases quality, shortens the long test cycles, and reduces the possibility of defects making their way into the production code.
- Assist developers in practising high quality/velocity methodologies such as test-driven development (TDD).
- Ensure that each change is built and verified using tests and verifications that would quickly detect any integration errors.
- Recommend tools and techniques that will enable high-velocity delivery of applications.
- Root cause analysis and incident management.
- Ensure accelerated CI/CD with the use of continuous monitoring and configuration management tools.
- Deploy all new applications/solutions/modules.
- Perform upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
- Ensure that all modules are ready for production based on specific procedures.
- Ensure that the documenting of knowledge transfer happens.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of existing applications and platforms.
- Recommend solutions to enhance performance by gap analysis.
- Perform ,onitoring,configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the implemented solution.
- Display a thorough understanding of DevOps key concepts.
- Display knowledge of various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Identify new tools which would improve the overall effectiveness of DevOps.
- Use tools to increase the overall development velocity and code quality.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not heard from us within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.