BET Software is one of the most diverse betting software providers in Sub-Saharan Africa, providing ground-breaking software on a global scale, while supporting incredibly large transactional volumes in a fast-paced industry. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions. We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint with the objective of establishing BET Software as a leader in global markets. Interested? There’s a lot we can’t predict in this business, but one thing is certain: you’ll never be bored.
BET Software is seeking a Copywriter, The purpose of the role is to generate the words, slogans and audio scripts across all communications platforms, both internal and external, and those that accompany advertising visuals. To create long tail and short tail copy and integrate this with graphic images, music, and other visual and sound components. Ensure the brand tone is consist as well as ensure grammar and spelling is correct. Any written communication is checked by the Copywriter.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Valid drivers’ licence.
- Strong Computer knowledge.
- Working experience in conducting research and writing (portfolio of evidence)
- At least 2 -3 years in a copywriting role.
- Responsible for the linguistic content that correctly reflects our brand voice.
- Work with the Brand and Marketing Team to find core messages aimed at specific target audiences.
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with various stakeholders to develop a variety of content marketing collateral.
- Conceptualise and write high quality copy across multiple platforms such as print, outdoor, TV, activations, in-store, social media and online content.
- Copy checking to ensure all spelling and grammar is correct.
- Check that our content complies with regulations and legislation.
- Interpret briefs into slogans, catchphrases and effective content.
- Research target audiences and competition.
- Produce original, clear and credible ideas, messages and scripts.
- Update and amend campaigns according to feedback.
- Conducting research in order to understand the brand and products sold.
- Ability to write in varying tones and styles and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Write content for a variety of audiences and purposes and adapt the content to ensure it is relevant and applicable to the audience e.g. internal communication, website, press releases, blogs, newsletters, adverts, scripts, invitations, product information, business documents etc.
- Monitor trends and adapt content as required.
- Provide support to the Brand and Marketing Team and assist with ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Strong research and attention to detail capabilities.
- Creative and innovative demeanour.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.