We Want You:
We’re searching for a Commercial Manager who will embrace a culture that is all about collaboration, diversity, growth, and empowerment. In this role, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction, business improvement, and leadership to all levels of our business.
Can you provide support in the development, implementation, and evaluation of processes and procedures that will assist the organization in achieving its vision, mission, and goals?
Are you a team player who thrives on being actively involved in the day-to-day operations and project management of core business projects that foster growth and drive increased revenue?
Can we rely on you to provide commercial support to fellow Commercial Managers, the General Manager, and the Senior Leadership Team while focussing on global expansion into new territories, and improved efficiencies and communication?
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Relevant degree or diploma;
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role with experience in a similar commercial marketing, human resources and/or operational role;
- Valid driver’s license with own vehicle;
- Software development industry exposure (advantageous);
- Excellent people and relationship management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong business acumen and in-depth market awareness;
- Proficiency in business reporting;
- The ability to be innovative, proactive and a strategic thinker;
- A quality-focused, results-driven, and deadline-orientated mindset;
- A strong sense of accountability.
What You’ll Do:
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Provide overall leadership and direction in the development of marketing and brand business strategies, training and development strategies, as well as human resources strategies;
- Collaborate with relevant management on reporting, productivity and innovation;
- Manage the implementation of major projects/systems/technological advances in line with business needs, and apply sound project management principals;
- Manage inter-departmental dependencies, and ensure that Teams work together collaboratively and seamlessly;
- Analyse and streamline processes to improve efficiencies, collaboration and engagement across departments/businesses;
- Continuous improvement and implementation of business strategies;
- Provide insight into best practices and solutions, identify areas of improvement, and implement these processes to streamline workflows and improve outcomes;
- Ensure the brand and marketing guidelines are adhered to across all platforms;
- Ensure strategic HR, recruitment, brand & marketing plans are created and implemented for all territories;
- Assist in the development and preparation of the organisation’s commercial process strategy and general business planning;
- Spearhead initiatives that promote an engaged, positive Team culture, and assist in improving brand awareness, brand perception, recruitment and retention.
- Leading a high-performing Team across multiple departments, while providing operational support and driving delivery of strategies;
- Review performance and implementation of performance appraisals;
- Management of a diverse Team, and taking responsibility for setting direction and conducting the day-to-day functions of the Team;
- Conduct training needs analysis to highlight training gaps and strategies to rectify already existing ones;
- Identify developmental areas and coaching/mentoring Management Team to build on identified areas of improvement;
- Performance management of staff and disciplinary processes;
- Interact and cooperate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers, and subsequently establishing and maintaining beneficial relationships with all stakeholders;
- Identify developmental areas of coaching and mentoring of the Leadership Team to aid in sustainable morale and talent retention.
- Conduct business and situation analyses, and identify opportunities for creating/maintaining a competitive edge and improving efficiencies;
- Identify opportunities for growth;
- Review and implement new business ventures;
- Internal and external relationship management;
- Review promotional and campaign reports and identify areas of improvement;
- Review HR and recruitment reports and identify areas of improvement;
- Review training reports and identify areas of improvement.
- Understand key performance metrics to provide in-depth market research, forecasts, analyses, as well as customer trends, and translate these into actionable insights for the Team and the business;
- Identify marketing needs across multiple regions and entities;
- Daily/weekly/monthly management reporting;
- Analyse data and create reports to identify areas of business growth;
- Manage risk and compliance in the business;
- Any other ad hoc duties that might be required.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programs, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.