We Want You:
If you don’t mind digging through data to locate gems of knowledge to optimise and improve business growth, this one is for you, “Oh Wise One”.
We want someone with an insatiable and in-depth curiosity who can turn information into action. If you’re a critical thinker and someone who does not accept information at face value, come take your seat on an All-Star Team!
As a BI Engineer II, you will be responsible for researching and analysing company data to support statistical analysis by the business. You should be able to interpret and explain the data in a way that can be easily evaluated. We will trust you with implementing and maintaining systems used to collect and analyse business intelligence data.
- Degree or diploma in IT or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience in Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL).
- Experience in end-user report development.
- Experience with data staging (ETL) components.
- Ability to support and update existing products. Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Identify and resolve data reporting issues.
- Ability to create efficient T-SQL objects and processes according to spec (databases, tables, stored procedures, business rules and functions).
- Experience in T-SQL query optimization, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing and ETL framework.
- Communicate with various departmental Team Members to understand the business requirements.
- Knowledge of the Kimball data warehouse lifecycle.
- Relevant Microsoft SQL certifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the design, development and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using Microsoft BI stack – MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Learn, use and maintain an established set of tools and technologies as necessary.
- Participate in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Analyse business and functional requirements and translate these requirements.
- Collect, analyse and share data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results.
- Ensure the utilisation of database and web application technologies to design, develop, and evaluate innovative business intelligence tools and automated reports.
- Design, develop and test BI solutions such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards.
- Perform data conversions, import and export of data within and between internal and external software systems.
- Merge BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot reported data loads or reconciliation inconsistencies in conjunction with the sites for data models and/or reports.
- Ensure the collected data is within required quality standards.
- Maintain the quality of Metadata Repository by adding, modifying, and deleting data.
- Provide input to the development of data/information quality metrics.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.