We Want You:
We’re calling on technological artisans who have highly analytical mindsets and the ability to create frameworks and dashboards that are key for data and insights. We’re on the lookout for a Business Intelligence Engineer 1 – someone who has the skills to assess the needs of primary business functions by suggesting technical solutions.
We need your skills to develop squeaky clean platforms that are smoother than cream cheese spread on a bagel. If you know how to implement action plans to improve ongoing business performance, then this role is for you!
- Degree or diploma in IT or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 1+ years proven experience in Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL).
- Experience in end-user report development.
- Experience with data staging (ETL) components.
- Ability to support and update existing products. Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Ability to create efficient T-SQL objects and processes according to spec (databases, tables, stored procedures, business rules and functions).
- Experience in T-SQL query optimization, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing and ETL framework.
- Communicate with various departmental team members to understand the business requirements.
- Knowledge of the Kimball data warehouse lifecycle.
- Relevant Microsoft SQL certifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to implement Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using Microsoft BI stack – MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI
- Responsible for the creation of Stored procedures, dashboards, reports and ETL processes
- Learn, use and maintain an established set of tools and technologies, as necessary
- Must be able to follow project Specifications, corporate coding standards and policies
- Must be able to provide support on the report offerings.
- Participates in or supports the workstream planning process.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to understand customer needs.
- Keeps customers informed about business intelligence tool problems and resolutions, timeously.
- Responsible for Collecting, analysing, and sharing data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results.
- Utilizes database and web application technologies to develop and evaluate innovative, Business intelligence tools and automated reports.
- Develops and tests BI solutions such as databases, queries, views, reports, and dashboards.
- Assists in data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between internal and external software systems.
- Documents new and existing models, solutions, and implementations.
- Design and build reporting and analysis tools that help streamline the business and make reporting, analysing, planning and forecasting more efficient.
- Supports and assists with the integration of BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Ensures Troubleshooting of BI tools, systems and software.
- Ability to track performance and production issues.
- May assist in performance tuning of BI applications.
- Escalates production issues as appropriate.
- Responsible for Performing Quality checks on all work before giving approval to the stakeholder
- Ensures the collected data is within required quality standards.
- May maintain the quality of Metadata Repository by adding, modifying and deleting data.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best among the rest.
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.